If you do not find the answer to your question below feel free to contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
Compatible Heart Rate Monitors
The app will connect to many third-party heart monitors, including wrist-and chest-based heart monitors.
The device model must have the following features:
1. Emits a Bluetooth 4.0 signal (i.e. BLE or Bluetooth Smart)
2. Non-proprietary (compatible with third-party apps)
Please note that some popular heart monitors, such as Fitbit and Garmin are proprietary devices and will not work with PEAR or other third-party apps.
The following is a list of known compatible monitors that we have tested with the app.
-Apple Watch Series (requires installation on watch)
-Samsung Gear (requires installation on watch)
How to I enable Health Apps?
Whether using an Android or an Apple phone, connection to the health apps improve your experience by allowing access to your health data. The additional information will help calibrate and personalize your experience.
To enable health within the app:
1. Open App.
2. Select the menu icon in the upper left hand corner
3. Select partners
4. Select 'Connect' button for Health
5. Open the Health App, and select Sources.
6. Toggle all categories ON.
How do I enable GPS?
The app uses the GPS in your phone or smartwatch to estimate distance during run, walk or bike ride. The app cannot measure distance using a pedometer or accelerometer.
To track distance, you must turn on Location Services by taking these steps:
1. Navigate to your phone's general settings.
2. Select Privacy
3. Toggle Location Services to ON.
4. Scroll down, tap PEAR and select "Always".
5. While running, cycling or walking, you can see how strong your GPS Signal is by viewing the bars displayed in the Workout Screen.
***How to improve GPS accuracy***
The more obstructions there are between you and the sky (where satellites send location data), the less accurate GPS may be. Therefore, objects like buildings, trees and tunnels, and even your clothing and body can get in the way. To avoid this, it might help to put the phone in an unobstructed place, such as on an armband, handlebar mount, back pocket, etc. But keep in mind that discrepancies in distance are expected with every GPS device. As an example, when running a 5K, you might end up running further than 3.1 miles on your device, simply because of the track you took (like running on the outside of a track).
How do I unsubscribe?
If purchased through the app stores, the company does not have the ability to grant refunds as the the fees and subscriptions are managed by the Google Play and Apple App stores directly. The following information is a helpful guide in navigating the process of unsubscribing and requesting a refund for app purchases.
How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage. Don't see the subscription that you're looking for?
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
How to request refund from Apple:
Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple
- Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Tap or click "I'd like to," then choose "Request a refund."
- Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
- Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit.
- Open the Google Play app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions. Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.